After 5-6 weeks of school holidays most moms are happy for schools to start up again, I sure am. We did a round up of some back to school décor inspiration to get the kids easing into school and homework again after this long break.
A few tips to set up a study desk or area:
- Keep the desk clutter free to avoid distractions during study time. It helps if you have a desk area with some additional storage
- Add a good lighting source. Having good lighting is useful in creating an optimal space where a child can sit and read and do homework. An area that is too dark will put unneeded strain on the eyes as well as make them sleepy quicker. Harsh fluorescent lighting is also not ideal.
- Comfortable seating that is height adjustable if needed, is a good idea. It is worth the spend, to fork out a little bit more when buying a study chair.
- Add a pin board or magnetic dry erase board for notes and important information or dates.
- Try to use the study desk only for studying/homework/reading. Doing additional tasks like crafts will just be an unnecessary distraction when they need to study.
Here are some amazing study spaces:
Some local South African products that we love to create a perfect study:
Have a wonderful 2018 school year!