As seen on Pasella on SABC 2 on 9 April 2014.
On the show I created a busy book that anybody can create with or without a sewing machine.
Here are the steps to create your own busy books for your toddlers to enjoy and learn.
1. Cut the size of your pages from a piece of felt bought at a craft or fabric store. You can get pre-cut sizes from most craft stores.
2. Do your planning of each page. There are so many ideas on the internet you can use as inspiration.
3. Cut out all the pieces that you want to use on each page.
4. Use fabric glue to stick forms to pages and velcro to the forms as needed. If you have access to a sewing machine you can sew it.
5. Let your glue dry overnight.
6. As soon as all your pages are dry and done you can either sew all the pages together or glue them to form a book. I prefer sewing it or using eyelets and rings to create a more durable book.
You can use any fabric really, I prefer felt as it is washable and can last longer with small hands touching and learning. Please take care in using small items on the books, ensure that everything is secure before kids start playing.
Hi, I’m Mariette. I’m an interior designer specialising in kids and baby decor and interiors. Thank you for visiting my decor and lifestyle blog. If you like my content you can pop over to my social media links bellow for more inspiration.