It is now time to trade in the toddler bed for a big kid bed. At this stage all signs of a nursery are probably gone and has been taken over by superheros or princesses. Your child now probably has a very distinct taste and identity and you do not have much of a say (I am talking from my own experience), and now it is time to change the room into a BIG KID room.
You want this room to be used until the next big phase in their life with some minor changes along the way, so clever decisions now can save you loads of money later on.
Here are some of my tips:
1. Get a good bed: Make sure it will last them for years. Use the bedding and scatters to showcase there favourite character or the theme of the room. When you want to get the car, or castle shaped bed make sure it is something that they will stick with for some time.
2. Make sure you have enough practical storage: Label it and enforce that each toy or item must go in designated area, I know this is easier said than done.
3. Create an area that can later be used for a homework area, even it if is only storage now.
4. Give them enough floor area to play.
5. Use your walls: for storage, artwork and pictures.
What are your tips for creating a kids room to last?
Hi, I’m Mariette. I’m an interior designer specialising in kids and baby decor and interiors. Thank you for visiting my decor and lifestyle blog. If you like my content you can pop over to my social media links bellow for more inspiration.